Monday, December 31, 2012

My biggest hair regret 2012!

I got the idea for this post from a fellow blogger (http://findingmynaturalbeauti.blogspot.com/2012/12/the-hair-thing-i-regret-most-for-2012.html)

As crazy as it sounds my biggest hair regret of 2012 is visiting a hair salon. It was my first visit to a salon since being completely natural and my first visit ever to a natural hair salon. I was so excited but sadly my expectations were not met.


Why I regret this experience:

1. For those of you that don't know, I suffer from sebborhea a chronic skin and scalp condition that is commonly mistaken for dandruff and dry scalp. From the momnet I sat down to wash my hair, the stylist continously made rude comments about my scalp and it made me feel very incomfortable, so much that I vowed I would never return to this salon or reccommend it to anyone.

2. I will admit this one might be partially my fault, but I went to get my hair two-strand twisted and she asked of i wanted it twisted dry or wet. I foolishly said dry, so she had to blow dry my hair and I don't think she used any heat protectant but I was sure when I took out the twists and I had heat damage!

But I also consider this a learning experience and I won't be trusting my tresses in the hands of anyone else for awhile.

Stay tuned for the hair thing I am most grateful for shortly!
Until Next Time
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment